Wednesday, March 07, 2007

This post is full of pointless information - but there has been someone who's asked me the question to most of these answers, so I'll just put it out there and save myself some time >: )


Favourite Developed Destination:

New York

Favourite Developing country:

Vietnam

Favourite place:

Hoi An, Vietnam (Where I got the suits made; a lovely old French colonial town).

What was overrated now I've been there?

Hawaii - was still brilliant though.

What was underrated now I've been there?

Vietnam.

If I could live anywhere I went to, where would it be?

Melbourne, Australia

Favourite Capital City?

Hanoi, Vietnam.

Least favourite Capital City?

It's close between Vientiane in Laos and Canberra in Australia. Has to be Canberra though, as Vientiane was heavily bombed years ago so they actually have some kind of excuse. Both are seriously dull with nothing going on.

Worst part of the trip?

Hard to say, but the vomiting and diarrhoea on the plane to Singapore has to be up there. Having said that, it really was quite funny. Some times you just have to laugh >: )

Best part of the trip?

This is a tough one. The 60 seconds while I was falling to the Earth at 120mph were pretty special.

Times I was told I reminded someone of Chris Martin of Cold Play:

1,789,345,678

Ages people most often had me down as:

26-28 years old >: /

Really wasn't happy about these age guesses - I suppose the sun does age you afer all...


It may seem strange that I bothered to work the below out, but when you spend as long as 27 hours getting from one place to the next on a coach, you need to do something to keep the hours ticking by....

Rough total travel time for my 5 months away? A crazy 400+ hours! Or more than 16 full days travelling >: /


Things I missed most about England? (In no particular order)

1. Match of the Day.

2. My Mac.

3. Sandwiches (so many times I just wanted a decent sandwich and rarely got one).

4. My PSP (I should have brought it with me)

5. Winter (Only slightly which I can't believe, but needing a shower 3 times a day due to the heat gets very annoying).

6. Reading the paper.

7. Riding my bike.

8. Having a kick-a-round with Saunders.

9. Reilly's laugh >: )

10. Mum's cooking.


Books read:

Bill Bryson - Notes From a Small Island (Makes you realise how good we've got it!)

Howard Marks - Mr Nice (This guy is crazy!)

Bill Bryson - Down Under

Chris Ryan - The One That Got Away (I Love my SAS books >: )

Dan Brown - The Da Vinci Code (This really is good fun!)

Ben Elton - High Society (Very interesting)

Neil Strauss - The Game (This book is CRAZY! - single men, you have to read this!)

Stephen Fry - The Liar (Funny but a bit strange at points)

Gascoigne - The Biography (An old 1993 book - this man had/has serious poblems)

Dan Brown - Angels & Demons (As good as if not better than The Da Vinci Code)

Steven Gerrard - My Autobiography (Ronaldinho who?)


Observations:

I think a lot of people (myself included) suffer from 'The grass is greener' syndrome. A lot of the places I went to were excellent for a holiday etc, but wouldn't necessarily be better to live in. I thought I'd be keen to look into living in Australia for a couple of years, but I found that you're so far away from what's going on elsewhere. The weather is great and the beaches are excellent, but the countries (not including South East Asia) lack the depth that European countries have. New Zealand was great, but the place has all these adrenaline sports because there's little else to do. Christchurch, the 2nd biggest city in New Zealand, is like an English town on a Sunday afternoon, which is what a lot of the country is like.

England isn't so bad >: )

Anyhow, I hope you've not found the blog of my travels too boring; I made sure I gave you the option of just looking at the pictures >: )


Over and out,

James

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home